Gwinnett County (METRO ATLANTA) GA – 4/4/18 – Recognized as a leading organization, Ankle & Foot Centers of Georgia has been nominated for an IMPACT Regional Business Award.
Designed to be reflective and unique to Gwinnett and across metro Atlanta, the program pays tribute to premier organizations in top industries that are driving economic development and job creation, while enhancing our quality of life.
“Ankle & Foot Centers of Georgia is thrilled to be nominated for such an amazing award from the Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce. We thoroughly enjoy being apart of this great community and look forward to continue helping create a pain-free Gwinnett County ,” said Victoria Griffin, Marketing & Public Relations Coordinator of Ankle & Foot Centers of Georgia.
Recipients will be selected in the following sectors:
- AEC (Architecture, Engineering & Construction)
- Information Technology
- Small Business
An overall IMPACT Regional Business Awards recipient will be selected from one of the above category winners.
“Now in its fourth year, the program has provided exposure to more than 1,200 best-in-class businesses. Bringing together leaders across these important industries is another example of how the Gwinnett Chamber can fulfill its mission to serve as a community forum,” said Dr. Dan Kaufman, president & CEO of the Gwinnett Chamber.
The awards ceremony will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 16, at the Infinite Energy Forum. For more information, visit ImpactBusinessAwards.com.
Victoria Griffin | 404.273.7366 | VGriffin@ankleandfootcenters.com
Cally D’Angelo | 678.957.4958 | CDAngelo@GwinnettChamber.org
Ankle & Foot Centers of Georgia was founded in 1982 by Dr. Joseph Giovinco in Peachtree City. Since then the office has grown to include 27 locations across the state of Georgia. At Ankle & Foot Centers of Georgia, we believe that every step you take should be pain-free. Whether you need treatment for a minor ailment such as ingrown toenails, a complex foot reconstruction, or the ongoing management of diabetes, our expert podiatrists will provide expert diagnoses, innovative treatments, and compassionate care.
1) Don’t worry about new shoes! You want to get fitted for new walking shoes 3-4 weeks before the walk. You want to actually visit a walking shoe specialist (like Big Peach Running Co.) and be fitted for shoes. They will also recommend getting walking shoes a half size larger than what you typically wear so that your feet have room to swell as the day goes on. You want plenty of time to break in your shoes prior to the walk- don’t wear any new clothing or shoes to the walk that you haven’t worn before!
2) Wear moisture-wicking socks to help keep your feet dry and prevent blisters! Cotton socks will make you miserable- don’t wear them! You can find moisture-wicking socks online and in most stores.
3) If you know you tend to have a problem area on your feet that is likely to blister (tops of toes and heels are most common), simply apply moleskin (available at most stores) to the area before you start walking to prevent chafing. Vaseline/Neosporin is also ok to apply to prevent chafing.
4) Do not get pedicures the week before the walk! Certainly, trim or paint your nails as needed/desired, but keep your calluses!
5) If at any point you feel pain or discomfort in your feet or ankles, stop and see our staff! We will be at every single B’Rest Stop, and it is our pleasure to attend to your podiatry needs. If you need attention after you return from the route on Saturday, be sure to see us right away as all medical services close at 6 pm that evening.
We are here for you, we are proud of what you are doing, and look forward to serving you at the 2017 Atlanta 2-Day Walk for Breast Cancer!
~ Dr. Joseph Giovinco
Check out our past photos here!
If you are suffering from foot pain, and need an industry-leading physician to treat your ailments, then make an appointment today! With more than 20 offices across the metro-area, we are surely just a short drive away. Come see our team for a complete foot and ankle exam!
If you are in need of a podiatrist before the walk, schedule an appointment today!
Let Us Help You With Your Feet!