Undiagnosed pain is worse than diagnosed pain
Maybe you have a sports injury, arthritis, or a biting pain in your ankle that won’t let up, and the source of the problem hasn’t yet been found …
What can you do?
You could keep suffering and wobbling around and hoping the pain disappears. Or you can get smart and let modern technology, used by experienced, knowledgeable professionals, diagnose your problem and help you walk and move around again — without that tingle of discomfort in every step.
Wouldn’t that be wonderful?
Then consider an MRI scan, which can sound intimidating at first, but this technique is used all the time and is a piece of cake to go through.
An MRI is used to determine the internal structure of the body — the tendons, ligaments, and bones underneath the skin. Think of it as a machine that takes pictures of your insides and gives useful information to your doctor.
Don’t be nervous, choose an MRI
Here are seven reasons why you don’t need to worry about getting a Magnetic Resonance Imaging scan:
- You won’t have to go all the way into the machine. For a foot or ankle MRI, you usually only need your leg to be inside the machine.
- You won’t undergo any radiation. Our MRI scanners use strong magnetic fields and radio waves to form images of the foot and ankle.
- The machine shouldn’t cause you any additional pain.
- The whole process will be quick. The average MRI takes about an hour.
- The experience will be quiet and comfortable.
- The experience will be non-invasive. No injections will be performed during the exam.
- You won’t experience any side effects of an MRI. You can return to your normal activities, and test results will be available within a few days to a week.
This is what your MRI experience will be like
Before the day of your appointment arrives, all you need to do is complete a simple MRI Patient Screening form (which can be found on our website, faxed, or emailed to you).
On the day of your exam, you can continue to take any medications as prescribed. And you can eat and drink as normal. The only thing you really need to do is wear loose, warm, comfortable clothing. Also, all metal jewelry and watches must be removed.
During the scan, typically only your leg will be placed inside a large machine that is shaped like a tube. You will have to be very still during this time, but you can bring a magazine or book to read if you like. And when the test is finished, you are free to go.
Contact your local Ankle & Foot Centers of Georgia office today and schedule an appointment or get your questions answered!